DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Rio Linda Union School District is to provide a quality education that will prepare students for the future by:
- Teaching through the use of a rigorous curriculum.
- Meeting the educational needs of all children.
- Involving the community in the educational process.
- Maintaining a highly qualified and motivated employee group.
- Providing quality facilities and support services.
- Upholding fiscal integrity.
- More than 36 world languages are spoken in our district.
- 26 percent of our students have limited proficiency in English. Bilingual students primarily speak Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian.
- We have the following diversity breakdown: 54.4 percent white; 23.9 percent Hispanic; 16.0 percent African-American; 4.1 percent Asian; 1.4 percent Filipino; 1.0 percent American Indian; and 1.2 percent Pacific Islander.
THE KEYS TO OUR SUCCESS
- All teachers are carefully selected and fully credentialed. We have ongoing professional development and a CSUS Student-Teacher Training Center.
- Our curriculum and textbooks are aligned to state standards, and we have a rigorous educational program for all students.
- Our support system for student success includes a renowned Reading Recovery program, special education classes, an expanded summer school, family outreach workers, and before-school and after-school activities.
- An integration of the arts and sciences into the classroom and the acclaimed STARBASE program for fifth-graders.
- Fiscal integrity and stability with competitive salaries and benefits for our employees.
- Steadily improving test scores, particularly when compared with similar schools.
- A high-quality learning environment that includes modernized, air-conditioned classrooms and well-maintained school grounds.
- Steady district leadership from an elected five-member Board of Trustees operating under newly adopted Professional Governance Standards.
- The district has a number of citizen groups including the District Advisory Committee, the Budget Advisory Committee and the English-Learner Advisory Committee.
- Nearly 3,000 parents volunteer each year in the classrooms, on district-wide committees and for field trips.
- The annual Volunteer Luncheon draws more than 400 parents. Each school chooses a “Volunteer of the Year” each year.
- Our Principal for a Day program that brings community leaders from across the region into our schools has become a state model.
Main District Office
627 L St.
Rio Linda, CA 95673
Administrative Services: ext. 1367
Business Services: ext. 1316
Educational/Student Services: 566-1619
Food Services: (916) 566-1612
Maintenance and Operations:(916) 566-1614
Personnel: ext. 1337
Purchasing: (916) 566-1618
Support Services: (916) 566-1617
Family Resources (916) 566-1615
Transportation: (916) 566-1613
Technology Services: (916) 566-1611